The more you practice blogging, the less you will forget. But if you do forget try this ideas:
- Ask your learning partner can help
- Search for help on Google i.e. “How to add a hyperlink in WordPress post” will give you videos & tips to do this.
- Ask Mr. Bromm
- Watch this 4 min video on the basics
Add a profile picture/ gravatar to your WordPress:
- To do this you will login to Gravatar with your WordPress credentials (usename & password)
- In left menu- go to users – my profile- then click white button at bottom of page that says “add photo through gravatar”
- Follow the steps to upload a photo
- Use a real photo of yourself to create a positive digital footprint. If you or your parents are not comfortable with your photo online, do not add a profile picture/ gravatar
By the end of next class:
- I will start commenting on your first blog
- you may already have started commenting on your classmates- so start doing this if you have not- build your networking community!
- show you how to categorize your posts & add categories to your menu
- create a category for PAA content
- create a category for personal content
- be sure to always categorize your posts before you publish
- link other blogs you want to follow
- follow blogs by using “blogs I follow option” or adding links
- links is a way to add a blog or any website you want linked to your account
- go to a blog post directly to: “like” it, comment, or follow the
- for homework finish your first blog post.